MR JOSEPH SHERIDAN
Born in Scotland, Joe’s long and exciting Insurance career started in England, when he joined the international Sun Alliance Insurance Group (later Royal & Sun Alliance) in 1964. Within six (6) years he was asked to serve in Nairobi, Kenya, followed by further management positions in Zimbabwe and Malawi.
After 12 years in East and Central Africa, his employers asked him to serve in St Lucia, which was followed by expanded Management roles in Antigua and Barbados, with additional responsibility for Grenada, before being asked to serve in St Vincent & Grenadines in 1987.
After successful completion of Responsibilities, Sun Alliance insurance Group asked him to serve as Overseas Underwriter at the Head Office in UK which he did with great credit. Having met Miriam, his future Wife, in St Vincent & Grenadines, Joe recognized his true calling to use his experience to help as many as possible, with Risk Management, and Insurance where needed. In other words, to help people
As a proud Citizen of St Vincent & Grenadines, and with the total support and encouragement of Miriam, Joe pioneered the very first Independent Professional insurance broking service, and so The Insurance Brokers Ltd opened its doors in 1990 providing, for the first time, totally honest and independent guidance and help to the Public, without any Fees.
St Vincent and the Grenadines responded with wonderful enthusiasm and support, and the success-story of The Insurance Brokers Ltd is now part of Vincentian history.
Personal Achievements and Professional affiliations
1) Presenter and Speaker in Public and on Media, in Insurance-related matters
2) Tribunal Member – Insurance Appeals Tribunal
3) Insurance Market Consultant to Eastern Caribbean Currency Union Insurance Legislation
4) Privileged to be asked by Lloyd’s of London to lead the Lloyd’s Coverholder in St Vincent &
5) Founding President of The Insurance Institute of St Vincent & Grenadines in 1997
6) Past-President of Rotary Club of St Vincent
7) Past-Secretary (numerous times) of the Rotary Club of St Vincent
8) Rotary Club of St Vincent Rotarian of the Year 2014
9) Awarded Paul Harris Fellowship- Rotary’s highest award
10) Catholic Diocese of St Vincent &TheGrenadines- Diocesan Pastoral Council & Commissions
11) Catholic Diocese of SVG – Music Ministry